Loyola Law School's Office of the Registrar oversees course registration, administers examinations, and and other academic services. The Office also maintains the accuracy, security, and dissemination of academic records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
First-Year Electives: Starting at 7:00 am on Monday, October 26 until 11:00 pm on Friday, October 30, first year day students will be able to submit, in the order of preference, their list of first-year elective courses. For more information regarding the first year elective process, please click the following link: 2021 First Year Electives Information.
- Watch the First-Year Electives Panel about the various courses.
- Submit your preferences here. Please note that you will be required to rank all seven electives to submit your preferences. You will be allowed to change your preferences any time during this period.
- Priority for course enrollment will not be based on the time of submission. Every effort will be made to assign students to one of their top three choices (enrollment for each elective course is capped at 50 students).
- Your choice of elective is subject to your academic performance in the Fall semester. Students whose GPA at the conclusion of the Fall semester is 2.85 or below (based on the combination of final and midterm grades) will be required to take the Law and Process course in the Spring of their first year. After grades have been submitted and GPAs have been calculated, students will be enrolled in their Spring elective by the Office of the Registrar. A notification will be sent by this office once first-year electives enrollment has been completed. You may check your elective course enrollment by logging in to your PROWL account.
Review your DegreeWorks Degree Audit: Access DegreeWorks from the Student Menu in PROWL. DegreeWorks allows you to visually see how the classes you are taking or planning to take fulfill the various requirements needed for your degree. Audits are also updated in real time, so review it again after registration to ensure you registered for the right courses.
2021 Spring Course Schedule Finalized: The 2021 Spring schedule has been finalized. Use this version of the course offerings to plan your 2021 Spring registration. Please be advised that courses are subject to change. Any changes made to the schedule will be posted under " .
2021 Intersession Course Schedule Finalized: Loyola Law School is offering an Intersession the week of January 4-10, 2021. This is a one-week period between the Fall and Spring semesters during which the Law School will offer shortened courses to upper division students. Registration for the 2021 Intersession will take place concurrently with 2021 Spring registration and is subject to the same registration priority dates.
Priority Registration Dates: Priority registration for the 2021 Spring semester begins at 7:00 am daily on the following dates:
Year of Study / Division
Mon, Oct 26
Fifth, Fourth and Third Year Evening Students
Tue, Oct 27
Fifth, Fourth and Third Year Day Students
Wed, Oct 28
Second Year Evening students
Thu, Oct 29
Second Year Day Students
Fri, Oct 30
JSD, LLM, MLS, MT, and Visiting Students
Sat, Oct 31
Open Registration For All Students
- You will be unable to register earlier than 7:00 am on the day of your priority registration. If you attempt to register before 7:00 am (server time), you will receive a message informing you that you are ineligible to register. If you receive this message, repeat the process at or after 7:00 am.
- Prior to the beginning of registration, make sure you have identified and chosen alternate classes in the event that your first choices are not available.
- If you plan on registering for a section of Constitutional Law, please note that both day and evening sections will be open to Day Division students at the start of priority registration. The day section will be open to Evening Division students on Monday, November 2 at 4:00 PM. Do not wait to register, as seating may be limited.
- Students registering for a section of Ethical Lawyering outside of their division must wait until Monday, November 2 at 4:00 pm before you may register for that section.
2021 Tentative Summer Course Schedule Available: The 2021 Tentative Summer schedule (subject to change) is available here.
Current Address for Students: Update your current mailing address in PROWL (Personal Information tab > View/Update Address(es) and Phone(s) > Current next to Local Mailing address) to ensure you receive important communications from various Loyola Law School offices and organizations.
Diplomas for Class of 2020 Graduates: Diplomas will be shipped on or before 9/23/20. If you do not receive your diploma by 10/16/20, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Course Offerings
- Registration Information
*All inquiries regarding this report should be directed to the Associate Dean of Faculty
- Midterm Exams Schedule (Coming Soon)
- Final Exams Schedule (Coming Soon)
ExamSoft & Examplify
NOV 3 Election Day Observed - No Classes
NOV 25 Reading Period Begins
NOV 26-27 Thanksgiving Holiday - No Classes
NOV 30 Reading Period Ends
DEC 1 First Day of Exam Period
DEC 16 Last Day of Exam Period
Oct 26 7:00 AM Spring 2021 Priority Registration Begins
OCT 30 11:59 PM Spring 2021 Priority Registration Ends
NOV 15 Graded II Assignments Due
NOV 24 Student Course Evaluations End
NOV 24 Last Day to Withdraw from a Class