Master of Laws (LLM)
Loyola's LLM program is designed for foreign law graduates and experienced foreign and U.S. attorneys. Our program allows students to build a flexible curriculum in American law and prepares them to become leaders in a globalized market.
Your LLM at Loyola
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, with a campus designed by world-renowned architect Frank Gehry, is ideally positioned in downtown Los Angeles, California – a legal, tech, media, fashion and financial capital. We are the closest ABA-accredited law school to Los Angeles’ primary courthouse and law firm scene, yet only 30 minutes away from beautiful beaches, like Malibu, Venice Beach and Santa Monica. At Loyola we care about our students and we want them to achieve their academic and professional goals. Loyola offers unique learning and networking opportunities for our international students:
- Highly customizable curriculum allows you to choose courses that meet your interests and goals, including first-year JD courses that many other schools do not offer to international students;
- Externship opportunities help our students gain practical experience in law firms, companies and public interest organizations;
- Moot court and experiential learning programs allow students to practice lawyering skills by assisting clients in a wide-range of cases;
- Network of more than 18,000 alumni and our Career Development Center help students obtain valuable working experience after the program and during the Optional Practical Training Period;
- Los Angeles is the capital of entertainment and technology! Our campus is located in downtown Los Angeles, close to top law firms and courthouses and only 30 minutes away from Silicon Beach.
Other Degree Programs
Doctor of Juridical Science
The degree of Juridicae Scientiae Doctor (Doctor of Juridical Science- JSD) is the highest degree offered by Loyola Law School, Los Angeles. It is designed for graduates, both American and foreign, who are interested in becoming law professors, scholars, jurists or public intellectuals, or in deepening their scholarship to continue in these fields.
Visiting Scholars Program
Loyola's Visiting Scholars Program offers legal scholars the opportunity to conduct independent research and consult with a host faculty member who is an expert in the scholar's area of research. Participants in the program come from many different countries, most recently from Italy, Korea, China, and Russia. Visiting scholars have full access to the Rains Law Library resources and materials, as well as research databases. Visitors are invited to attend conferences and workshops hosted by the Law School.
Learn more about the Visiting Scholars at Loyola Law School, Los Angeles.