Eligible individuals may request permission to audit courses at the Law School. An eligible applicant will be a graduate of an ABA-accredited law school or an attorney currently licensed to practice law. Auditors will not take examinations and a grade of AU will appear on the transcript indicating that the individual audited the course for no credit. However, a grade of W will be assigned if an Auditor discontinues attendance after the deadline to drop a class without a grade of W has passed. Currently enrolled Loyola Law School students may not audit classes.
The decision to accept students seeking to audit a course is based on the seat availability in the course, professor's approval, and proof of law school graduation or license to practice law.
Courses Offered and Enrollment Limits
- The list of course offerings are on the Office of the Registrar's home page in the Registration and Course Information section
- Select the semester/term/year desired, then click on the Courses Offered link
- Auditors may enroll in only one course per term
- Auditors may NOT undertake a Directed Research or enroll in any co-curricular (e.g., clinics, competition teams), LLM, skills, writing, or first year courses at the law school
- Currently enrolled Loyola Law School students may not audit classes
Registration as an auditor in any particular class cannot be guaranteed because Loyola Law School students have registration priority. Auditors will be registered on a first-come, first-served basis, after registration for continuing Loyola students, visiting and special students has been completed.
To Apply as an Auditor
Please follow the steps below if you wish to apply as an auditor at Loyola Law School. If approved, you will be contacted via email or U.S. mail.
- Complete the auditor application form (all fields must be completed)
- Submit a $50.00 non-refundable application fee
- Submit a statement as to why you wish to audit a course, including your professional background
- Submit a copy of your bar card if you are an attorney
- Submit an official law school transcript (required only in lieu of presenting the bar card)
Note: LSAT data are not required.
Application Submission Deadlines
The timely deadline for submitting your application is August 1 for the Fall, December 1 for the Spring, and May 1 for the Summer. Do not submit any materials to the professor.
Send the audit application and all materials to:
Loyola Law School
Office of the Registrar
919 Albany Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015-0019
Tuition and Fees
- Tuition for auditing a course is charged on a per unit basis
- Auditors must use the same payment due date schedule as required for all other students
- Auditors are not eligible to receive financial aid from Loyola Law School
- Please refer to the Office of Student Accounts for further information about payment and tuition fees.
Campus Services Available to Auditors
- Parking permits and ID cards may be obtained from the Campus Planning Office in the Burns Building, Room 126
- Auditors are eligible to obtain student LexisNexis and Westlaw accounts at the Library Computer Lab located in the Rains Library
- Auditors are not assigned email or Student Web Services accounts
Please direct any questions to the Office of the Registrar at (213) 736-1130 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in attending Loyola Law School as an Auditor.