Dear Potential Sponsoring Organization:
Thank you for your interest in sponsoring one of Loyola Law School’s graduates who has demonstrated a commitment to working for the public interest. Loyola Law School has developed a post-graduate fellowship program to assist in the provision of legal services to underrepresented groups who have traditionally been unable to access legal services, to create additional resources for public interest law, and to encourage and to develop a diverse and qualified group of lawyers and leaders to ensure the future of public interest law. We are one of a very small number of law schools in the nation to commit our own resources to public interest law by establishing such post-graduate fellowships. With our new Public Interest Scholarships, our Public Interest Loan Assistance Program, and our mandatory pro bono requirement for graduation, Loyola’s program seeks to lead the profession toward its highest moral calling.
The applicant must include in the application a letter from the sponsoring organization. The letter must include the following:
- A description of the sponsoring organization, including organizational structure
- A certification of non-profit status and financial information demonstrating responsible management and stable funding
- A listing of the supervisors and contact information
- A description of the type of work done by the organization generally
- A description of the work to be accomplished specifically by the fellow, including a certification that the fellow will occupy a new position created for the project, thus adding additional resources
- A description of the supervision and training to be provided
- A hiring offer which includes an agreement to provide appropriate professional responsibility insurance coverage and standard employee fringe benefits for one yea
Once again, thank you for your interest in this program. If you have any questions, please contact Professor Sande Buhai, Director, Public Interest Law Department and Clinical Professor at firstname.lastname@example.org.