Welcome class of 2020! Be sure to check back as we will be updating the webpage with more details as they become available.
The Loyola Law School Commencement Ceremony will be held on Sunday, May 17, 2020 at Loyola Marymount University's Westchester campus, 1 LMU Drive, Los Angeles, 90045.
The Commencement Ceremony will begin promptly at 12 pm and is expected to conclude by 2 pm. Guest and graduate seating is in the Sunken Garden area. Tickets are not required to attend the graduation ceremony. Refreshments will be provided immediately following the ceremony.
10:00 am - Student Robing, St. Robert's Auditorium
11:00 am - Class photos by degree programs
12:00 pm - Commencement Ceremony begins
2:00 pm - Ceremony concludes
- Rain or shine, Commencement will go on as planned!
- Post your Commencement-related photos to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using #LLS20 (#LoyolaLaw2020 or #LLS2020 also accepted) for a chance to win LLS swag!
- Class photos: Please be photo-ready in your Commencement regalia in Lawton Plaza by 11 a.m. to begin taking class photos. This is the area across the street from the robing area in St. Robert’s, which you should plan to exit by 10:50 a.m. to get to the photo on time. We will take photos of each class by degree program: JD, FTA LLM, Tax LLM, MLS, MT and JSD. Graduates of dual-degree programs should stand for photos of both degree programs. If we need to alter plans because of rain, we will make announcements in St. Robert’s.
- Name pronunciation: If you suspect your name may be challenging for the Commencement card reader, you are encouraged to clearly write it phonetically on the name card you present on stage. Need help in writing your name out phonetically? Consult https://inogolo.com/.
- Processional: After class photos, you will line up along the pathway directly in front of St. Robert’s. The processional order by degree will be MT, MLS, LLM, JSD and JD.
- Stage photos: GradImages, our Commencement photographer, will take multiple photos of you as you walk up to and receive your degree.
Speaker to be announced, please check back.
Other event information
Information for Alumni Presenters
Graduates may choose to have a grandparent, parent, uncle, aunt, sibling, or spouse who is a graduate of Loyola Law School present their diploma in the ceremony. (The presenter must be a graduate of Loyola Law School and be related as listed above.)
The presenter will participate in both the processional and the commencement ceremony.
Graduates who wish to have a presenter at the commencement ceremony should complete the Presenter Form and order their presenter's regalia no later than Wednesday, March 20.
- Presenter information can be found here and must be completed before participating in steps below.
- Gown with the faculty in the Ahmanson Dining Room no later than 11:15 a.m.
- Presenters (plus one guest) are invited to Brunch at 10:30 a.m. in the Ahmanson Dining Room.
For more information regarding logistical details for commencement, please contact Conferences & Events at (213) 736-1423.
For graduation requirements, please contact The Office of the Registrar at (213) 736-1130.