Processing of Personal Data
Pursuant to the terms and conditions of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter “EU GDPR”), you (by checking ACCEPT) hereby provide consent to Loyola Marymount University (“LMU”), in its capacity as Data Controller, to the processing of my Personal Data, including Sensitive Data , and acknowledge the following:
- All Personal Data concerning you that has been or will be provided to LMU that was created in the European Union and is related to your interest in LMU, application for admission to LMU, attendance of academic courses at LMU, student exchange pursuant to an agreement with Partner Institution, student activities or conduct at LMU and the provision of related academic or student support services, will be processed and handled by LMU in accordance with the EU GDPR and LMU's Privacy Notice(s) posted on LMU's website at https://www.lmu.edu/privacy/
- Personal Data revealing ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation, health, trade union membership and criminal convictions and offenses (collectively “Sensitive Data”) may be requested by LMU. With the exception of criminal convictions, you are not obligated to provide Sensitive Data and do so on a voluntary basis. If Sensitive Data is provided to LMU, you consent to LMU to process Sensitive Data for the purposes described in this Consent and in accordance with applicable law. Sensitive Data may be processed by LMU for the following purposes and subject to appropriate safeguards:
- Recruitment of you to participate in LMU program;
- Performance of a contract with you and/or a Partner Institution, or in order to take action on your request to LMU prior to entering into the contract;
- Compliance with a legal obligation in the U.S. or the European Union to which LMU is subject;
- Protection of the vital interests of you or another person;
- Performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in LMU, including the enforcement o LMU's institutional or academic policies and procedures, and the Student Conduct Code.
- Carrying out obligations and specific rights in the field of employment, social security or a collective bargaining agreement;
- The exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Preventive or occupational medicine, the assessment of your capacity as an employee, or medical diagnosis of the health or treatment or, or management of health and services for you;
- Protection of public health and prevention of disease;
- Archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes.
- Data processing will take place either within the offices of LMU on its campus located in Los Angeles, California, U.S.A., or within an information technology solution managed by a third party under contract with LMU. Data will be accessed by LMU and third parties under contract with LMU by persons who are responsible for the activities requiring access to the data for the purposes described in this Consent. By way of example, Personal Data including Sensitive Data may be communicated, to public or private entities to whom access may be necessary in order to fulfill obligations set forth by U.S. or international laws and regulations in connection with your entry to and exit from the United States. Personal Data including Sensitive Data may also be communicated to public bodies and authorities (such as public hospitals, public safety authorities, police, courts, magistrates and the like) and to private entities (such as hospitals and clinics, security supervisors, insurance companies) for purposes relating to health and safety emergency and for the purposes of fulfilling obligations under applicable law.
- The consent you are providing to LMU for use of Personal Data including Sensitive Data may be withdrawn by you at any time by notifying LMU via email at email@example.com The processing of Personal Data including Sensitive Data prior to the date of withdrawal of the Consent shall not be affected. Personal Data including Sensitive Data shall be destroyed by LMU after the expiration of retention periods imposed by applicable law or LMU's Records Retention Policy.