Joseph V. Sliskovich
Professor of Law
- Advanced Concepts in Individual Taxation
- Business and Tax Planning
- Federal Income Taxation
- Legal Research and Writing
- Partnership Taxation
- BA, cum laude, University of Southern California
- JD, Loyola Law School
- LLM in Taxation, New York University School of Law
Professor Sliskovich practiced tax law in California from 1978-80, and then joined the Loyola Law School faculty. Professor Sliskovich serves as Site Coordinator for Loyola's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, supervising law students who provide income tax return preparation and counseling for low income persons. He is also the faculty advisor for the Loyola JD/MBA Dual Degree Program.
- Founding Member and one of the original directors of the Cheviot Hills Bar Association.
- San Pedro Heart Foundation Tax exempt charitable organization dedicated to supporting the development and maintenance of the advanced cardiovascular care unit in San Pedro Peninsula Hospital. Assisted this organization with advice on fund raising and tax compliance activities.
- CBAA-California Bail Agents Association. Served as an instructor for the CBAA in providing continuing education to its members throughout California.
- "The Jurisprudence of Yogi Berra," 46 Emory Law Journal 697 (1997) (one of 39 authors)