Professor of Law
Leonard Cohen Chair for Law and Business
- Business Associations
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business Planning
- Securities Regulation
- BA, summa cum laude, University of California, Irvine, Phi Beta Kappa
- JD, University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, Order of the Coif
After graduation from law school, Therese Maynard practiced with the Los Angeles law firm of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher where she specialized in securities litigation. Maynard, who has published extensively in the area of securities law, joined the Loyola faculty in 1983.
- Member, AALS Executive Committee, Securities Regulation Section
- Member, AALS Executive Committee, Business Association Section
- Academic Liaison, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Executive Committee -- Business Law Section
- Business Planning: Financing the Start-Up and Venture Capital Financing (with co-author Dana Warren, Aspen Publishers, Inc.)
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Cases, Materials and Problems (3d Edition 2013, Aspen Publishers, Inc. )
- Corporations (audio book published by West Publishing Co., 2006)
- Securities Regulation (audio book published by West Publishing Co., 2007)
- "Teaching Transactional Skills Through Simulations," 10 Transactions: Tennessee Journal of Business Law 7 (2009)
- "Professional Ethics: Legal Pundits Loose Lipped," an op-ed piece published in the National Law Journal on April 19, 2004, (co-authored with Erwin Chemerinsky and Laurie Levenson)
- "Educating Ethical Business Lawyers in a Post-Enron World," published in Loyola Lawyer at p. 16 (Fall 2003)
- "Law Matters. Lawyers Matter," 76 Tulane Law Review 1501 (2002)
- "Spinning in a Hot IPO: Breach of Fiduciary Duty or Business as Usual?", 43 William and Mary Law Review 2023 (2002)
- "Spinning in a Hot IPO: A Matter of Business Ethics," 16 Insights: Corporate & Securities Law Advisor (2002)
- "Do Lawyers Matter?" Loyola Lawyer (August 2002).
- "Teaching Professionalism: The Lawyer as a Professional," 34 Univ. of Georgia L. Rev. 895 (2000).
- Essay, "A Requiem: Reflections on Gustafson," 57 Ohio State Law Journal 1327 (1996).
Representative Academic Presentations
- National Lecturer for BAR/BRI in Real Property
- Lecturer for California BAR/BRI in Real Property