Distinguished Retired Faculty
- Business Planning I
- Advisor/Coach: Transactional Negotiation Team
- BS, with highest honors, Montana State University
- JD, Stanford Law School; Senior Editor, Stanford International Law Journal
Following law school graduation, Warren served as a law clerk to the Honorable Procter R. Hug of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He spent his career in practice as a corporate/securities lawyer specializing in acting as outside general counsel to growth companies financed by venture capital investors. Warren has been involved in the public and private issuance of debt and equity securities from both the issuer and investor sides; acquisitions representing both buyers and sellers; capital restructuring transactions; management and employee incentive programs; and the legal issues arising from the development, manufacture, and distribution of a wide range of high-technology products. He was an associate and principal at Riordan & McKinzie in Los Angeles for more than 20 years and, following a merger in 2003, was a partner at Bingham McCutchen LLP until March, 2006, when he began his own practice. He was listed annually in The Best Lawyers in America from 2006 until he retired from practice in 2012. He became an adjunct faculty member at Loyola Law School in 2006, Co-Director of the Business Law Practicum in 2008, and the Patrick J. McDonough Director in 2009. Warren is the advisor for the Corporate Law and the Law & Entrepreneurship Concentrations, as well as for the Transactional Negotiation Team.
- Business Planning: Financing the Start-Up and Venture Capital Financing (with co-author Therese Maynard, 2010, Aspen Publishers.)
- "Venture Capital Investment: Status and Trends," Ohio State Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal (7 Ohio State Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal 1 (2012), available soon at http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/eblj/issues.php)