The Business Law Practicum’s capstone class, Business Planning: Financing the Start-Up Business and Venture Capital Financing, allows students to understand the lawyer’s role in business transactions by taking an entrepreneurial “client” through a series of simulated deals that introduce the legal, ethical, and business issues that confront the transactional lawyer in representing an early stage growth company.
In addition, Loyola’s innovative Transactional Negotiation Team (TNT) gives students the opportunity to delve into the structure and details of a major business transaction and negotiate key terms, with review and feedback from practicing transactional lawyers. TNT is typically offered each year, in the Spring semester. Business Planning must be completed prior to participation on TNT. Only 3Ls and 4Es are eligible to participate in TNT.
Students are encouraged to consider other experiential offerings related to the practice of corporate law. Such offerings include, but are not limited to, the following representative list. Private placement externships at companies throughout LA and OC also are available through Loyola's Private Placement Externship Program.
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Administrative Hearings Unit
- California Attorney General, Antitrust Division
- California Attorney General, Corporate Fraud Section
- California Department of Corporations
- California Labor Commissioner
- Federal Trade Commission
- Public Employment Relations Board
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- U.S. Small Business Administration