Note: Library FAQs - Spring 2023 supersedes info found on this page.
In order to maintain the Library as a quiet, comfortable place to study, please observe the following rules:
- Please be courteous and show respect for others, including Library staff.
- Food and drink is allowed in the Library, but please avoid foods that generate noise or smells that may impinge on the comfort of other users. Please dispose of trash in receptacles and place dirty dishes in the carts provided by the cafeteria. Immediately report any spills to the Circulation desk.
- Dogs, cats, and other animals are not allowed in the library.
- Please take all cell phone conversations outside the Library. The Rains Basement, Darling floors two and three, and CRC Rooms 212 and 214 are designated quiet study areas.
- Library materials are circulated only to users with a valid Library card. LLS identification cards serve as the Library card for LLS students, faculty and staff. LLS alumni may request a library card at the Circulation Desk. Library materials do not circulate to other users. Please see our Access Policy for more information.
- Student loan periods are as follows:
|One-volume treatises which are not updated||14 days|
|Videotapes and DVDs||2 days|
|Reserve collection materials||2 hours|
|Wellness and Convenience Items||3 hours|
- Circulating materials can be renewed unless another library user has placed a hold or has recalled the item.
- The Library has a gated electronic security system that protects Library materials from unauthorized removal. If the alarm activates, please return to the Circulation Desk. The Library reserves the right to examine all book bags, briefcases, parcels, etc.
- The Library does bill for lost or seriously damaged materials at the actual replacement cost of the item, plus a $25.00 processing fee.
- Group study rooms may only be used by LLS students and faculty. Rooms are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis for a maximum of four hours per day.
- Use of the Computer Lab (CRC) study rooms and computing terminals is restricted to currently enrolled LLS students and faculty. Photocopiers located in the CRC are for general use. Copy cards can be obtained at the Circulation desk.