Loyola Professors Address Building Bridges at Law School Conference
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles professors anchored key panels during the 2019 Association of American Law Schools (AALS) Annual Meeting held in New Orleans from Jan. 3-6, 2019. The largest annual gathering of law faculty, the meeting convened the legal scholars and law school administrators to discuss critical legal issues and innovations in legal education. This year’s theme, “Building Bridges,” provided a through-line for the dialogue.
Loyola Law School presenters at the 2019 AALS Annual Meeting included:
- Professor Michael Guttentag, will speak on "Insider Trading and Cryptoassets: The Future of Regulation in the Blockchain Era" on Jan. 3, 2019 from 10:30 - 12:15 p.m. Senior Assistant Dean for Admissions & Enrollment Services Jannell Lundy Roberts will serve as moderator for this discussion group.
- Professor Sean M. Scott, Associate Director of the Association of American Law Schools (AALS), will appear at AALS House of Representatives, First Meeting on Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019 from 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Professor Eric Miller, Leo J. O'Brien Fellow, and Professor Yxta Murray, William M. Rains Fellow, will be speaking on "Civil Rights in the Aftermath of the Kavanaugh Hearings and Confirmation" on Friday, Jan. 4, 2019 from 1:30-3:15 p.m.
- Professor Sean M. Scott, Associate Director of the Association of American Law Schools (AALS), will appear at AALS House of Representatives, Second Meeting on Friday, Jan. 4, 2019 from 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- Professor Justin Hughes, Hon. William Matthew Byrne, Jr. Chair, will appear on the House of Representatives, Second Meeting on "The Use (and Abuse) of Trademarks in Art: Referential Uses, Lazy Art, and Cultural Salience" on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019 from 8:30-10:15 a.m.
- Professor, William M. Rains Fellow, will speak on "Access + Opportunity + Choice: Housing Capital, Equity, and Market Regulation in the Trump Era" on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019 from 8:30-10:15 a.m.
- Professor Helena Montes, Co-Director, Loyola Immigrant Justice Clinic, will speak on "New Voices in Immigration Law" on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019 from 3:45-5:15 p.m.
- Professor Maureen Johnson, will speak on "New Scholars Showcase" on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019 from 3:45-5:15 p.m.
Learn more about how Loyola makes a difference in the legal academy and beyond: Peruse our Faces of LLS feature stories. For more information about Loyola presenters at the AALS, please see the full meeting schedule.