Loyola Law School has incorporated the PaperCut system for student printing, scanning and copying documents. The printers are located in the computer lab on the 2nd floor of the Rains Library.
The printing, scanning and copying functions are accessible using your PROWL username and password.
Web Printing VS. Laptop Printing
You may print directly from your laptop, either Windows or MAC, using PaperCut with either of the following two methods.
- Web Printing allows you to print directly using only a Web Address, however this method is limited in the types of files that can be printed and will always print double sided. Use the following link to view Web Printing Instructions (PDF).
- Laptop Printing allows printing of any file type, however it requires downloading and installing to your laptop the PaperCut Client and Printer Drivers for the Apple MAC Operating System or for the different current Versions of Windows. Use the following instructions that apply to your Laptop Operating System (PDF).
The first time you try to print, a PaperCut Login Box will appear requiring you to enter your PROWL username and password. Once you are logged in, PaperCut will show you in a pop-up window your current BALANCE. If the balance window is not visible, click the icon in your windows system tray in the lower right side of your desktop or Apple MAC dock.
Releasing Your Print Job from the Computer Lab Printers
- To Release your Print job(s), touch the printer touch pad screen and select the ID Number button and touch the blank field underneath "ID".
- Enter your Student ID number using either the on-screen keyboard or the key pad on the side of the printer and press OK.
- Make sure you have entered the correct numbers and press OK again.
- Press the Print Release button and all your pending print jobs will be shown. You can select jobs individually and press Print or Print All.
- To Cancel a print job, select it and press the Cancel Job button.
- To finish releasing or deleting print jobs you MUST press the Home button and remember to press the Sign Out button on the home screen.
For further information contact the Library Computer Lab Staff.