Loyola Professors Address Access to Justice at Law School Conference
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles professors anchored key panels during the 2018 Association of American Law Schools (AALS) Annual Meeting held San Diego from Jan. 3-6, 2018. The largest annual gathering of law faculty, the meeting convened the legal scholars and law school administrators to discuss critical legal issues and innovations in legal education. This year’s theme, “Access to Justice,” provided a through-line for the dialogue.
To celebrate the occasion, Loyola hosted a reception for all its San Diego-area alumni on Thursday, Jan. 4, 2018 from 6-8 p.m. at the Top of the Hyatt, Manchester Grand Hyatt, San Diego.
Loyola Law School presenters at the 2018 AALS Annual Meeting included:
- Fritz B. Burns Dean Michael Waterstone, who is participating in “Could We Pass the ADA Today? Disability in an Age of Partisan Polarization” on Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018 from 3:30-5:30 p.m. The panel is part of the AALS Section on Disability Law and co-sponsored by the Sections on Election Law, Law & Mental Disability, and Legislation & Law of the Political Process.
- Professor Ellen Aprill, John E. Anderson Chair in Tax Law, will speak at “The Use of Nonprofit Organizations in Political Campaigns” on Friday, Jan. 5, 2018 from 1:30-3:15 p.m.
- Professor Aaron Ghirardelli, Faculty Director of the LLM and JSD Programs, will present at “Procedure as Technology/Technology as Procedure” on Friday, Jan. 5, 2018 from 8:30-10:15 a.m.
- Professor Simona Grossi, Theodore A. Bruinsma Fellow, will speak at “Procedure as Technology/Technology as Procedure” on Friday, Jan. 5, 2018 from 8:30-10:15 a.m.
- Professor Michael Guttentag, John T. Gurash Fellow in Corporate Law & Business, will answer the question “What is Fraud Anyway?” at the AALS Discussion Group on Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018 from 1:30-3:15 p.m.
- Professor Yxta Murray, William M. Rains Fellow, will discuss “The Disaster Narrative and the State” at the AALS Hot Topic Program on Saturday, Jan. 6, 2018 from 10:30-12:15 pm.
- Professor Elizabeth Pollman, William M. Rains Fellow, will present at “Emerging Voices in Securities Regulation” on Friday, Jan. 5, 2018 from 3:30-4:45 p.m. and “The Personification of Corporation” on Saturday, Jan. 6, 2017 from 1:30-3 p.m.
- Senior Assistant Dean for Admissions & Enrollment Services Jannell Lundy Roberts will discuss “Experiential Learning – ABA Standards 303 and 304: How to Effectively Offer Clinical Education to Evening Students” on Friday, Jan. 5, 2018 from 1:30-3:15 p.m.
- Professor Theodore Seto, the Hon. Frederick J. Lower, Jr. Chair, will present at “Law and Economics” on Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018 from 2-5 p.m.
- Professor Lauren Willis, William M. Rains Fellow, will examine “Creditors’ and Debtors’ Rights” on Saturday, Jan. 6, 2018 from 8:30-10:15 a.m.
- Associate Director of Marketing & Communications Brian Costello will moderate “Crisis 2.0: Working Collaboratively to Manage the Modern Law School Crisis” on Friday, Jan. 5, 2017 from 1:45-3:15 p.m.
Learn more about how Loyola makes a different in the legal academy and beyond: Peruse our Faces of LLS feature stories. For more information about Loyola presenters at the AALS, please see the full meeting schedule.