Maps and Directions
- Interactive Map to the Westchester Campus, including driving directions.
- LMU Westchester Campus Map to the Sunken Garden area.
- Driving Directions to the LMU Campus.
Because more than 6,000 people are expected to attend the commencement ceremony, you are encouraged to arrive early. It is important to allow adequate time to travel to Loyola Marymount University, park, and walk to the ceremony area. The walk from the parking areas to any of the designated commencement activities will take approximately 15 minutes.
You must enter the campus from the LMU Drive entrance (off Lincoln Boulevard) and park as directed by Security.
Special Needs Parking
- Limited special needs parking will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Persons with disabilities and requiring special accommodations should arrive by 10:30 a.m.
- Handicapped placards are required and should be clearly displayed or available so that traffic officers can guide guests to their designated parking area.
- Those with Handicapped placards will be directed to park at Whalen.
- Golf cart transportation will be provided only to the individual needing assistance plus one.
- The seating area opens at 10:00 a.m. Seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. The saving of seats will not be permitted. Please be aware that seating will be in a grassy area and in the sun; no covering will be provided. It is advised that attendees use sunscreen and, if necessary, wear a hat. Umbrellas may be used, but please be considerate of other guests’ sight lines during the ceremony. Also, women may prefer not to wear high-heeled shoes.
Special Needs Seating for Guests
- Seating for those with special needs will be available in Sunken Garden. Please note that seating will be in the sun; guests may prefer to wear sunscreen, a hat, and/or long sleeves. Only one person from a party may sit with the person requiring special seating. If any guests have difficulty walking, it would be to their advantage to bring a wheelchair. The University does not provide wheelchairs for rental.
- There is limited seating on a first-come, first-served basis. The saving of seats will not be permitted.
Local Area Hotels and Lodging Information (within 5 miles)
Loyola Marymount University has acquired discounted rates at local area hotels for lodging while you are in town. Please review the list of Local Area Hotels and Lodging and be sure to reference 'LMU' when making your reservation to obtain a possible rate discount.