Patrick J. McDonough Director of the Business Law Practicum
Associate Clinical Professor of Law
- Business Planning: Financing the Start-Up Business and Venture Capital Financing
- Transactional Negotiation Team
- Exploring the Role of In-House Counsel (co-taught with Professor Therese Maynard)
- AB, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public & International Affairs
- JD, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, summa cum laude
- Developments Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review
As Patrick J. McDonough Director of the Business Law Practicum, Shannon Treviño teaches Business and Venture Capital Financing, is the Faculty Advisor for the Corporate and Entrepreneurship Concentrations, coaches the Transactional Negotiation Team and serves as a liaison between alumni, practitioners and students to foster externship, mentoring and networking opportunities.
Prior to joining the Loyola faculty in July 2015, Treviño was counsel in the Orange County office of Latham & Watkins LLP. Treviño's practice covered the representation of public and private companies on corporate, securities and governance matters. Clients ranged from Fortune 500 companies with established legal departments, to newly public companies for which she acted as outside general counsel, and emerging growth companies she advised on general corporate matters and financing transactions. Over the course of her career, Treviño was involved in debt and equity capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, management and employee incentive programs and advising on a wide range of SEC disclosure obligations.
In addition to her core practice, Treviño helped establish and run Latham's firmwide pro bono program for veterans.
- Business Law Fellowship puts students on fast track to corporate law jobs
- In-House counsel course gives students glimpse inside C-suite
Scholarship and Clinical Achievements
Joined as co-author of third edition of Business Planning: Financing the Start-up Business and Venture Capital Financing (3d ed. 2018, Aspen Publishers), with Therese H. Maynard and Dana M. Warren
Treviño has presented at clinical teaching conferences, including the Transactional Clinical Conference (Chicago, 2018) and the Sixth Biennial Conference on the Teaching of Transactional Law and Skills (Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, 2018).