Director, Transactional Lawyering Institute
Patrick J. McDonough Director,
Business Law Practicum
Clinical Professor of Law
Director of Concentrations
- Business Planning: Financing the Start-Up Business and Venture Capital Financing
- Transactional Negotiation Team
- Exploring the Role of In-House Counsel (co-taught with Professor Therese Maynard)
- AB, Princeton University, Princeton School of Public & International Affairs
- JD, summa cum laude, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
Shannon Treviño is Director of the Transactional Lawyering Institute and a Clinical Professor of Law. Treviño teaches several business law courses designed to provide experiential learning opportunities to students.
In addition to teaching, Treviño directs the Business Law Fellows program and serves as a liaison between alumni, practitioners and students to foster externship, mentoring and networking opportunities. Treviño is the Director of Concentrations and is the Faculty Advisor for the Corporate and Entrepreneurship Concentrations.
Prior to joining the Loyola faculty in July 2015, Treviño was counsel in the Orange County office of Latham & Watkins LLP. Treviño's practice covered the representation of public and private companies on corporate, securities and governance matters. Clients ranged from Fortune 500 companies with established legal departments, to newly public companies for which she acted as outside general counsel, and emerging growth companies she advised on general corporate matters and financing transactions. Over the course of her career, Treviño was involved in debt and equity capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, management and employee incentive programs and advising on a wide range of SEC disclosure obligations. In addition to her core practice, Treviño helped establish and run Latham's firmwide pro bono program for veterans and served on the firm’s Diversity Leadership Committee.
- Business Law Fellowship puts students on fast track to corporate law jobs
- In-House counsel course gives students glimpse inside C-suite
Scholarship, Writing and Clinical Achievements
Joined as co-author of third and fourth editions of Business Planning: Financing the Start-up Business and Venture Capital Financing, 3d ed. 2018, Aspen Publishers with Therese H. Maynard and Dana M. Warren, and 4th ed. 2022, with Therese H. Maynard.
Treviño has presented at clinical teaching conferences, including the Transactional Clinical Conference (Chicago, 2018) and the Sixth and Seventh Biennial Conferences on the Teaching of Transactional Law and Skills (Emory University School of Law, 2018 and 2021).
Treviño has authored or co-authored a number of articles on corporate law developments, which are listed on her CV.
- California Lawyers Association, Business Law Section, Corporations Committee Member (2020-present); Vice-Chair, Publications (2021-2022); Co-Chair (2022-2023).