Visiting Clinical Professor of Law
- Legal Research and Writing
- Family Law
- Ethical Lawyering
- BA, cum laude, Yale University
- JD, MA (urban planning) UCLA
After law school, Bensinger practiced mainly in the areas of fair housing and employment law with the firm of Robinson, Curley & Clayton in Chicago. She then became a Visiting Assistant Professor at Chicago Kent College of Law. She joined the Loyola faculty in 1997, where she was a Clinical Professor of Law until 2013. She returned to Loyola as a Visiting Clinical Professor in 2019.
Bensinger has been a volunteer at the Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law since 2009. In 2014 she received the Buhai Center Hall of Fame Award for her service.
- Co-author of Exam First-Aid: Diagnosing & Improving Multiple Choice Performance. Aspen-Wolters Kluwer, 2017, with Jennifer Kamita and Christopher Hawthorne.
- Legal Writing Institute One-Day Conference, Panel Moderator, “Writing Problems: Reflections from the Pros” December 2011
- Rocky Mountain Regional Legal Writing Conference, “Making Your Writing Diagnostic Do Double Duty” March 2011
- Presenter at Continuing Legal Education Seminars for the Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law on interviewing and counseling techniques and declaration writing
- Presenter at Continuing Legal Education Seminars for the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles on effective legal writing techniques