Florrie Young Roberts
Distinguished Retired Faculty
- Civil Procedure II
- Legal Drafting
- JD, University of Southern California, School of Law, Order of the Coif
- BA, Stanford University
Upon graduation from law school, Florrie Roberts practiced law in Los Angeles, specializing in the area of business litigation. She was a partner with the firms of Beardsley, Hufstedler & Kemble and Hufstedler, Miller, Carlson & Beardsley until she left private practice to join the Loyola faculty in 1982. She is a member of the State Bar of California, Los Angeles County Bar Association, American Bar Association and the Association of Business Trial Lawyers. She has been a principal referee (judge) in the Hearing Department of the California State Bar Court on attorney disciplinary and admissions matters. She also has a Southern California Law Review Graduate Fellowship in Law.
- The Propriety of a Lis Pendens in Constructive Trust Actions, 38 Seton Hall L. Rev. 101 (2008).
- “Off-Site” Conditions and Disclosure Duties: Drawing the Line at the Property Line, 2006 B.Y.U. L.Rev. 957.
- Constructive Trusts, Resulting Trusts, and Equitable Liens, California Real Property Remedies and Damages, (Third Edition, CEB, August, 2004).
- Let The Seller Beware: Disclosures, Disclaimers and “As Is” Clauses, 31 Real Estate Law Journal 303 (2003).
- Disclosure Duties in Real Estate Sales and Attempts to Reallocate the Risk,34Conn. L. Rev. 1 (2001).
- The Jurisprudence of Yogi Berra, 46 Emery L.J. (1997) (co-author).
- The Law of Prime Numbers, 68 N.Y.U. L. Rev 185 (1993) (co-author).
- Pre-trial Sanctions: An Empirical Study,23Pac. L.J. 1 (1991).
- The Relatively Insolvent Joint Tortfeasor and the Good Faith Settlement, 20 Loy. L.A. L. Rev. 247 (1987).
- The Financial Condition and Insurance Policy Limits of a Joint Tortfeasor Wishing to Settle in Good Faith: Problems of Discovery and Confidentiality, 26 Santa Clara L. Rev. 63 (1986).
- The Good Faith Settlement: An Accommodation of Competing Goals, 17 Loy. L.A. L. Rev., 841 (1984).
- Steering Committee for the General Real Estate Subsection of the Real Property Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Judge Pro Tempore, Los Angeles Superior Court
- Delegate of theLos Angeles County Bar Association to the State Bar Convention
- State Bar Delegation Executive Committee
- Arbitrator for the Los Angeles County Bar Association Fee Arbitration Panel