Below is a list of steps to help you renew your financial aid. For current students participating in the summer term, please review the Summer Financial Aid process.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The 2019-2020 application for federal student aid is available on January 1, 2019.
- Students can use estimated income figures if they have not yet completed their income tax return. Students should not wait until tax returns are done to complete the FAFSA.
- The federal school code for LLS is E00254.
- Priority deadline to submit the FAFSA is March 18, 2019.
Watch the Federal Student Aid's video tutorial, "How to Fill Out the FAFSA."
Review Your Credit Reports.
A credit check is performed to obtain a Direct Graduate PLUS loan. We strongly encourage students to request credit reports from all three credit reporting agencies. Please carefully review the credit reports to ensure eligibility requirements are met. Students with adverse credit history should start working on resolving these issues before school starts. Learn more!.
The Annual Credit Report website offers free credit reports. Additionally, students can request individualize credit reports from the following reporting agencies:
Search for Outside Scholarships Early!
A variety of scholarships are available from private sources. Click here for more information!
What to expect after you submit the FAFSA!
- The office of Federal Student Aid will send applicants a summary of their FAFSA, known as the Student Aid Report (SAR). Applicants should review their SAR carefully to ensure that all the information is correct. The SAR will allow you to make any required changes or updates.
- Loyola's Office of Financial Aid may contact an applicant for additional information. If information is requested, applicants need to respond within two weeks of the original request. An award notification cannot be sent until all required documents are received.
- In Summer 2016, continuing students who have completed a FAFSA will receive an electronic financial aid notification.
Watch the Federal Student Aid's informational video, "After the FAFSA: What Happens Next."
Summer Financial Aid
Complete Loyola's 2016 Summer Financial Aid Application.
- The Summer FA application is now available. (Online or Paper applications available in the Office of Financial Aid.)
- Please use the reference sheets below to accurately complete the Summer Financial Aid application.
- JD Summer 2016 application packet
- LLM Summer 2016 application packet
- Please submit the Summer Financial Aid application by April 22, 2016 priority deadline.
- Students can submit their application by email, fax, mail, or hand deliver to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Final Acceptance deadline for Summer 2016 Financial aid is July 9, 2016.
Review the Summer Financial Aid Rules!
All students are assumed to have read the , as these rules may impact a student's award and/or eligibility for obtaining aid for the summer term.
Financial Aid Disbursements.
The Office of Financial Aid will make every effort to have funds available after the drop/add period for students who complete the Summer Financial Aid application by the priority deadline. For applications submitted after the priority deadline, the Office of Financial Aid may be able to defer the tuition payment deadline, but cannot advance funds for living expenses.