July 28, 2016 - August 5, 2016
Events like the Olympics or the World Cup draw participants and viewers from around the globe. As these events start trending or become part of our collective consciousness, marketers and advertisers strive to insert their products and services into the conversation any way they can – whether legally or via guerrilla tactics.
If you want to ensure your brand trends on all the right social media channels, has the highest engagement rates and ROI, and do it all on a shoe-string budget, join us at The Fashion Law Project’s summer Intensive.
During the nine-day program, fashion lawyers and industry veterans will first focus on fashion law basics. In the second pod, they will explore ambush marketing: What is it, how do you do it, and how do you make the results go viral. The program will conclude with a hands-on opportunity to practice your newly learned skills. It’s the world of fashion – all under one roof.
A certificate of completion will be awarded at the program's graduation ceremony. MCLE credit is available. Loyola Law School, Los Angeles is a State Bar of California-approved MCLE provider.
Portions of this course will be available remotely by live-stream and download. Class sessions included in video stream will be Friday, July 29 and Saturday, July 30 for $1,500. MCLE credit (16 hours) is available.
Attendee Registration: $3,900
- Welcome Reception on 7/28
- Full day of instruction with breakfast, lunch & snacks on 7/29 - 7/30
- Half day of instruction including field trip, and transportation on 7/31
- Evening class (refreshments and snacks included) from 8/1 - 8/4
- Graduation Ceremony & dinner on 8/5
- MCLE hours
- Program materials & handouts
- Daily on-site parking
If accepted into the Fashion Law Summer Intensive program, a $500 deposit will be due within two weeks from the date of acceptance, which will be applied toward the cost of the program. The balance will be due by July 15, 2016.
Loyola Fashion Law Scholarships are available and may cover partial tuition up to $2000. Scholarship funding is designed to give qualified applicants financial support to attend the Fashion Law Summer Intensive Program. To be considered for a scholarship, please apply here.
In the event that a student is no longer able to attend, written notice of cancellation must be faxed no later than July 19, 2016 to 213.384.1659 for a refund minus a $195 administration fee. No refunds on or after July 20, 2016.
Participants are responsible for making their own travel, hotel and transportation accommodations, except for scheduled field trips.
PROGRAM TOPICS *Program topics are subject to change.
- Fashion Today: An Industry Overview
- How to Launch A Fashion Line
- Intellectual Property Considerations in Fashion
- Copyright Considerations: IDPPA
- Ins & Outs of Fashion Importing & Exporting
- Fashion Employment Law
- Advertising and Social Media Legal Considerations
- Fashion M&A
- Real Estate Impact in Fashion: Retail Leasing
- Creating Brand DNA in Fashion: Building Strategy & Key Considerations
- Incorporating Celebrities into Fashion Campaigns: Use of TV and Film
- International Fashion Hot Topics
- Fashion Law Clinic
California Apparel News