International and Comparative Law Review Presents "Perspectives on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: Where We've Been and Where We're Heading"
Thursday, February 27, 2014
6:00 - 8:00 p.m. PST
Robinson Courtroom, Loyola Law School
Live webstream: Check back to this page at the time of the event for a link to the video stream.
Loyola Law School's International & Comparative Law Review (ILR) will host a panel of experts to discuss the issues related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the 1977 law that governs accounting transparency and bribery. Questions address will include:
- What is the FCPA and how effective is it?
- What are the current goals and priorities for FCPA enforcement?
- How do corporations respond to FCPA enforcement efforts and what risk-management strategies do/should they employ? (includes discussion of intersection between criminal and civil)
- How do other countries approach corruption?
- What risks do individuals face under the FCPA?
- What does the future hold for the FCPA and are there alternative approaches on the horizon?
- What advice do you have for someone who is interested in pursuing a practice involving the FCPA?
Charles La Bella (Deputy Chief of Fraud Section, United States Department of Justice)
Kimberly A. Dunne (partner in the Litigation group of Sidley Austin and a co-chair of the firm's White Collar: Government Litigation & Investigations group)
George Newhouse, Partner, Brown White & Newhouse; defended and prosecuted corporations in public corruption investigations, regulatory fraud, and other white collar violations
Michael Emmick, former U.S. Attorney and Adjunct Professor of White Collar Crime class, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
Please click the link to view the live stream of the event. You will need Real Player or Real Player Cloud to view the stream. To download the most recent version of the player, click here and then follow the installation instructions.
The feed will go live approximately 10-15 minutes prior to the event's start time. Please check back at that time to see the stream.
Conferences and Events