Fashion Law Summer Intensive Program
Fashion Law Summer Intensive Program
(2015 Dates: July 23 - 31)
The Fashion Law Summer Intensive Program hosted by Loyola Law School will provide a concentrated immersion into the world of fashion law. The program is designed for students in the fashion industry, practicing lawyers and fashion industry professionals seeking to develop and deepen their understanding of the relationship between the law and the business of fashion.
Staci Riordan, chair of the Nixon Peabody Fashion Law Practice Group and Loyola Law school professor, along with other Loyola fashion law professors and practicing attorneys who specialize in fashion law, will be teaching the many topics covered in this nine-day program.
A certificate of completion will be awarded at the program's graduation ceremony. MCLE credit is available. Loyola Law School, Los Angeles is a State Bar MCLE-approved provider.
Portions of this course will be available remotely by live-stream and download. Class sessions included in video stream will be Friday, July 24 and Saturday, July 25 for $1,500. MCLE credit (16 hours) is available. Click here for more information.
Attendee Registration: $3,900
- Welcome Reception on 7/23
- Full day of instruction with breakfast, lunch & snacks on 7/24 - 7/25
- Half day of instruction including field trip, and transportation on 7/26
- Evening class (refreshments and snacks included) from 7/27 - 7/30
- Graduation Ceremony & dinner on 7/31
- MCLE hours
- Program materials & handouts
- Daily on-site parking
A $500 application fee is due at the time of application, which will be applied toward the cost of the program. The application fee will be refunded if the applicant is not selected for the Fashion Law Summer Intensive. The balance will be due by July 10, 2015.
Loyola Fashion Law Scholarships are available and may cover partial tuition up to $2000. Scholarship funding is designed to give qualified applicants financial support to attend the Fashion Law Summer Intensive Program. To be considered for a scholarship, please apply here.
In the event that a student is no longer able to attend, written notice of cancellation must be faxed no later than July 10, 2015 to 213.384.1659 for a refund minus a $195 administration fee. No refunds on or after July 11, 2015.
Participants are responsible for making their own travel, hotel and transportation accommodations, except for scheduled field trips.
PROGRAM TOPICS *Program topics are subject to change.
• Fashion Today: An Industry Overview
• How to Launch A Fashion Line
• Intellectual Property Considerations in Fashion
• Copyright Considerations: IDPPA
• Ins & Outs of Fashion Importing & Exporting
• Fashion Employment Law
• Advertising and Social Media Legal Considerations
• Fashion M&A
• Real Estate Impact in Fashion: Retail Leasing
• Creating Brand DNA in Fashion: Building Strategy & Key Considerations
• Incorporating Celebrities into Fashion Campaigns: Use of TV and Film
• International Fashion Hot Topics
• Fashion Law Clinic
The Fashion Law Summer Intensive program offers 29 hours of classroom instruction time and covers the same topics and material that Professor Riordan regularly teaches in Loyola Law School’s 2-unit Fashion Law course. However, this program is not eligible for academic credit from Loyola Law School, and it will not be listed on your law school transcript. You will be awarded a certificate of completion from the Fashion Law Project at Loyola Law School at a graduation ceremony at the conclusion of the Fashion Law Summer Intensive program.
Loyola Law School Information
Conferences & Events
919 Albany St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015