93rd-Annual Commencement Ceremony
The 93rd-annual Commencement Ceremony was held on Loyola Marymount University's Westchester campus, 1 LMU Drive, Los Angeles, 90045.
The Commencement Ceremony was held on May 18, 2014 at Loyola Marymount University at 12 pm. Honorable Sung Kim '85, United States Ambassador to South Korea, delivered the keynote address.
- Click here to view photos from the event.
- Commencement 2014 video from entire ceremony
- Keynote Speaker Sung Kim
- Day Student Speaker Stacey Nelson
- Evening Student Speaker Sansan Lin
Other event information
Information for Alumni Presenters
Graduates may choose to have a grandparent, parent, uncle, aunt, sibling, or spouse who is a graduate of Loyola Law School present their diploma in the ceremony. (The presenter must be an alum and related to the grad as noted above.)
The presenter will participate in both the processional and the commencement ceremony.
Graduates who wish to have a presenter at the commencement ceremony should complete the Presenter Form no later than Thursday, March 27. In addition, graduates must order a cap and gown for their presenter.
- Presenter information can be found here and must be completed before participating in steps below
- Gown with the faculty in the Ahmanson Dining Room no later than 11:15 a.m.
- Presenters (plus one guest) are invited to Brunch at 10:00 a.m. in the Ahmanson Dining Room. If you wish to attend the brunch please RSVP to: Vlasta Lebo
Maps and Directions
- Interactive Map to the Westchester Campus, including driving directions.
- LMU Westchester Campus Map to the Sunken Garden area.
- Driving Directions to the LMU Campus.
Because more than 6,000 people are expected to attend the commencement ceremony, you are encouraged to arrive early. It is important to allow adequate time to travel to Loyola Marymount University, park, and walk to the ceremony area. The walk from the parking areas to any of the designated commencement activities will take approximately 15 minutes.
You must enter the campus from the LMU Drive entrance (off Lincoln Boulevard) and park as directed by Security.
Disability/Special Parking and Seating
Once on campus, Security will direct you to Special Needs parking. Drop off is located near the Malone Building. People with special needs should park at RoseCrans Lane (13).
Loyola Marymount University has acquired discounted rates at local area hotels for lodging while you are in town. Please review the list of Local Area Hotels and Lodging and be sure to reference 'LMU' when making your reservation to obtain a possible rate discount.
The Munch Market and the Lair will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. located in the Malone Building.
For more information regarding logistical details for commencement, please contact Conferences & Events at (213) 736-1423.
For graduation requirements, please contact The Office of the Registrar at (213) 736-1130.
Conferences & Events
Burns Building 128
919 Albany St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015