Loyola Law School, Los Angeles opened its doors in 1920. Located in downtown Los Angeles -- a legal, financial and media capital -- Loyola Law School is home to prominent faculty, dedicated students and cutting-edge programs. The first ABA-approved law school in California with a pro bono requirement for graduation, Loyola Law School is committed to legal ethics and the public interest, and has produced top attorneys for nearly a century.
William G. Coskran '59 - Coskran was a distinguished member of the faculty from 1968-1995 and a perennial student favorite. In 2014, the Law School established an endowed chair in his honor.
Donald W. Cowen - Cowen was the John E., Andersen Chair of Taxation and taught Federal Estate Gift Taxation, Corporations, and Trusts and Wills.
Roger Findley - A noted environmental law scholar, Findley served on the faculty from 1991-2009. His expertise on international environmental issues brought him to Brazil and Colombia to research and lecture alongside public officials.
Edith Friedler '80 - Friedler was a member of the faculty from 1983 to 2008. During her tenure, she served as the director of the International LLM Program.
George Garbesi - Garbesi taught Admiralty Law, Contracts, International Law, International Protection of Human Rights and International Business.
Charlotte Goldberg - Goldberg is a professor in residence and has taught Civil Procedure, Family Law, Marital Property and a Community Property Seminar.
Gideon Kanner - Kanner received the Shattuck Memorial Award of the American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers for his outstanding contributions to appraisal literature.
Daniel Lazaroff - Lazaroff was a member of the faculty from 1983-2015. He has written extensively in the area of antitrust and sports law. He held the Leonard Cohen Chair in Law and Economics and was the Director of the Loyola Sports Law Institute.
Frederick J. Lower, Jr. '64 - Lower was named Loyola's 10th dean in 1979. During his six years as dean, he spearheaded the law school's land expansion efforts and Frank Gehry was chosen as the campus architect. After 25 years of service to Loyola, he became a member of the judiciary in 1991.
Christopher N. May - May joined the faculty in 1973 and served as associate dean from 1975-79. He was also the recipient of the 1989 Alpha Sigma Nu National Book Award.
John McDermott - McDermott, who joined the Loyola faculty in 1975, served as visiting professor with the Faculty of Law at Dokkyo University, Tokyo, Japan in 1990-91. He has lectured extensively throughout Asia on international dispute resolution and intellectual property. McDermott is the advisor and coach of the Loyola Vis International Arbitration Moot Team.
Gerald T. McLaughlin - McLaughlin joined Loyola as its 14th dean on January 1, 1991 and served in that capacity until March 1, 1999. With assistance from the Fritz B. Burns Foundation, he wrote and published Loyola Law School: A Sense of Purpose and a Sense of Mission.
Arnold Siegel - Siegel joined the faculty in 1977 served as assistant dean for student affairs from 1982-1984. He also directed the Legal Research and Writing program from 1995-2012 and the Ethical Lawyering program from 1991-2012.
Clemence Smith '48 - Smith joined the faculty in 1952 and was the first female professor at Loyola.
Daniel L. Stewart '73 - Stewart taught Property, Remedies and Torts, and served as associate dean of the Law School from 1981-1984.
Walter S. Trinkaus
Michael E. Wolfson '73 - Wolfson taught Advanced Negotiation Techniques; Alternative Dispute Resolution; Civil Discovery; Ethics, Counseling and Negotiation; and Trial Advocacy in addition to serving as coordinator of the Lawyering Skills and Trial Advocacy Program.
Scott Wood - While at Loyola Law School, Scott has taught a variety of courses including Legal Research & Writing, Ethical Lawyering, Introduction to Negotiation, Restorative Justice. Law and Literature, and seminars in Law and the Catholic Tradition, and Religious Lawyering He was recognized with the Student Body’s “Excellence in Teaching” award in 2006 and received the “St. Thomas More Medallion Award” from the LLS Honor Society in 2008. In 2012, Scott received the Ignatian Volunteer Corps' "Della Strada Award."
Harry N. Zavos '71 - Popular among students, Zavos was a beloved member of the faculty from 1976-2008.
Loyola Law School 919 Albany St. Los Angeles, CA 90015 (o) 213.736.1000 (f) 213.380.3769 firstname.lastname@example.org