Loyola excels at turning students into real lawyers. In fact, many of the top trial lawyers in the nation are Loyola alumni. More than 100 of our graduates currently preside as trial court judges in Southern California — more than from any other law school. Loyola student advocacy teams regularly win regional, national and even international awards. Our advocacy curriculum is the broadest available, our advocacy professors are the best in the business, and our facilities — including courtrooms and instructional technology — are second to none.
A great program is now even better. Our new Advocacy Institute will give the next generation of Loyola students the practical skills demanded by the tough job market. Students will receive training directly from leading trial lawyers and judges. Because our students will be taught by the best, they will acquire more than practical skills. Loyola students will also learn that good lawyers uphold the highest standards of ethics, believe passionately in justice and devote themselves to the service of others.
THE ADVOCACY INSTITUTE INCLUDES:
- Concentration programs in Civil Litigation and Criminal Justice
- Multiple advanced courses every semester
- Enhanced clinical opportunities, including a semester in practice
- Mentoring and networking opportunities with leading trial lawyers
- Participation in advocacy competitions around the world
- An enormous array of programs serving students and the community