Visiting and Special Student Application Instructions
Loyola considers Special students to be students who will take only one class. Visiting students are full or part-time students as defined by their home institution. Visiting students may attend Loyola Law for no more than two semesters (excluding the summer term). Visiting and special students may not apply as transfer students. Visiting students are not eligible to transfer to Loyola Law.
Auditors are graduates from a law school or are licensed to practice law. Auditors pay a flat rate tuition. Auditors do not take examinations or receive grades.
Enrollment as a Visiting or Special Student is limited to applicants who have received or currently in the processing of completing a JD program from an ABA-accredited law school. Visiting students must have successfully completed at least the first year of law school.
Application Priority Deadlines
- Fall Admissions, August 1
- Spring Admissions, December 1
- Summer Admissions, May 1
Visiting and Special Student Application
- Electronic Application
- Application Fee ($50.00 check or money order payable to Loyola Law School. Fee waivers are not available.)
- Personal Statement
- Law School Transcripts
- Letter from your dean or registrar clearly stating:
- whether you are a full-time or part-time student;
- that you are a student in good standing;
- that credit for classes undertaken at Loyola Law School will be applied to your degree at your home school;
- address any class or term limitations of which Loyola Law School should be aware
Please send all your application materials to:
Office of the Registrar
Loyola Law School
919 Albany Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015-0019
It will be your responsibility to ensure that you meet any conditions that are established for you by your home school. Admission decisions are based almost exclusively on the applicant's law school performance, considering the overall rigor of the applicant's record. Applicants will be informed by mail of their admission status.
For more information, please visit the Office of the Registrar.