How to Renew Your Aid
STEP 1: Complete the current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete your FAFSA by going to www.fafsa.gov
- Use estimated income figures if you have not yet completed your previous years income tax return
- The federal school code for LLS is E00254
STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: Order Copies of your Credit Reports
- It is crucial that you do this NOW, if you plan to borrow a Graduate PLUS
- Be sure to order credit reports from EACH of the three credit reporting agencies in order to ensure you have the most accurate information
- Click on the following links to obtain your free credit reports:
More information about the aid renewal process
Listed below are some points that may help clarify the aid renewal process. Please keep in mind that the Financial Aid staff is here to guide you through this process. If at any time you have any questions please stop by the office or give us a call at (213) 736-1140. We’ll be glad to help you!
- Within one week after you file the FAFSA you will receive an official notice from the federal processor stating that your FAFSA has been processed. If you do not receive a response within this time period, call 1-800-433-3243 to make sure the federal processor received your FAFSA.
- When you receive notice that your FAFSA has been processed, be sure to review it carefully. Are there any errors? Do you need to make corrections? Are there any messages that indicate the federal processor had problems processing your application? Make corrections as necessary and resubmit to the federal processor.
- Respond to any requests for additional information within two weeks of the date requested. We cannot send you an offer of Financial Aid until you submit all required documents.
- If you complete the renewal process by the March priority date we will make every effort to have your current years Award Letter to you by the end of May.
- Please make sure your address and phone number(s) are current on SWS.
Office of Financial Aid
M-Th: 10:30 am-6 pm
F: 10:30 am-4 pm
*Evening students may call to schedule appointments for hours other than those noted.
Founders Hall 152
919 Albany St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015