A Letter from the Director
As you may gather from the schedule of activities on the calendar of events, it is a very exciting time to be a part of Loyola’s Tax LLM Program. We are especially proud of a number of recent achievements and additions.
- We celebrate the Tax LLM Program's tenth anniversary this year and have been among the top ten graduate tax programs in the US News & World Report rankings for the past five years.
- We have added a third live client tax clinic. The IRS Small Case Tax Clinic gives students the unique experience of representing the IRS in Tax Court small cases. Together with our Nonprofit Tax and Transactional Clinic (tax transactional work), our Taxpayer Appeals Assistance Clinic (representing low income taxpayers before the California State Board of Equalization) and tax externships with government agencies, the clinic gives Loyola’s Tax LLM students some of the best practical tax training available anywhere, at any school.
- Our faculty is now the second-most downloaded full-time tax faculty of any graduate tax program in the United States.
- Our new Tax Law Practicum course trains students using experiential learning in a simulated acquisition transaction lasting an entire semester. We offer similar courses in international taxation and estate planning.
- We have added a substantially expanded program of full and partial scholarships to help fund your LLM studies here.
If you visit our campus to attend a class or talk with students and professors, you will find a vibrant, inclusive and supportive community of people energized by the study of tax law. Our students become our friends and colleagues. We view helping you to achieve your goals, both before and after you graduate, as a core part of what we are about.
I hope to see you soon,
Loyola Law School
919 Albany St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015