3 Year JD/Tax LLM and Accelerated Tax LLM for Visiting Students
Loyola offers what we believe to be the only fully-sequenced 3-year joint JD/Tax LLM Program in the United States. Three years. Two degrees. A program designed to make you practice-ready in tax immediately upon graduation
- A Top 10 Tax LLM program (US News & World Report) currently tied with Stanford and Columbia in US News' tax rankings, at a law school
- Consistently ranked in the Top 5 in the United States in "best classroom experience" (Princeton Review), which has produced the
- Most partners in the 10 largest LA law firms (Martindale-Hubbell, 11/2009, firm partners who graduated 1984 or later), the 2nd largest number of partners in the Los Angeles offices of the NLJ 100 (the 100 largest law firms in the US), and the 25th largest number of partners in the NLJ 100 nationwide (Martindale-Hubbell, 9/2011, firm partners who graduated 1986 or later) in the past quarter century.
In today's market, job candidates need every edge they can get. A Tax LLM degree certifies competence in a discipline central to transactional practice. Loyola's 3-year joint program offers students significant employment and financial advantages:
- Potential for LL.M.-level tax employment after three years: Many students cannot afford to spend the additional year it normally takes to complete a stand-alone full-time Tax LLM program. Our program allows you to earn your Tax LL.M. degree from one of the country's Top 10 graduate tax programs without extending the time you spend in school.
- Enhanced job prospects: During the fall on-campus-interview season at the beginning of their second year (when big firms hire second-year summer associates on track for permanent offers), students in the joint program can offer employers a credential (completion of the intensive summer tax session) not available from any other law school in the United States.
- Second-year summer open: Students in the joint program will normally be free to accept firm employment during the summer after their second year without conflicting academic obligations.
Loyola’s 3-year joint JD/Tax LLM Program is also open to JD students already enrolled at other U.S. law schools. The Tax LLM Program for Visiting JD Students offers students at other law schools many of the same employment and financial advantages that Loyola’s 3-year joint JD/Tax LLM program offers to Loyola JD candidates.
Office of Admissions
M-Th: 9 am-6 pm
F: 9 am-4 pm
Founders Hall 154
919 Albany St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015