Resources and Links
The following links are provided as helpful or informative for Business Law Practicum students. If you have suggestions for additions or revisions to this list, please email them to email@example.com. Also, as web addresses and sites change from time to time, please let us know if any of these links are no longer valid.
- Proofreading Symbols - Guide to Proofreading Symbols
- California Business Portal – California Secretary of State’s website — information on starting and operating a business in California
- California Corporations Code - Online access to the General Corporation Law (Sections 100 to 2319) and the Beverly-Killea Limited Liability company Act (Sections 17000 to 17656)
- Delaware Secretary of State, Division of Corporations – Delaware Secretary of State’s website — information on starting and operating a business in Delaware
- Delaware Corporation and Business Entity Laws - Online access to the General Corporation Law (Chapter 1) and the Limited Liability Company Act (Chapter 18)
- IRS EIN Numbers - Getting a Tax ID (EIN) for your business
- U.S. SEC - Securities and Exchange Commission
- Investopedia - Descriptions of Corporate Finance Terms
- Sequoia Capital - Example of a large VC firm
- El Dorado Ventures – Example of a small VC firm
- Garage.com (VC Firm) – Good source on information on VC investment criteria
- Corporate Executive Board - The General Counsel Roundtable
- Greedy Associates LA - Message Board for LA Corporate Law Firm Associates
- Daily Journal – California’s largest legal newspaper, a great source of business law news and info
- Vault.com - Vault on Law Jobs, Career Info
- Berkshire Hathaway - Buffett Letter to Shareholders — a Mini-MBA
- The Economist - Authoritative weekly newspaper focusing on international politics and business news and opinion.
- USPTO - Registered trademark search engine - U.S. Patent and Trademark Offices - Patent and Trademark Search page.
- CT Corp - Sample Registered Agent and Attorney Service company
- National Venture Capital Association - The leading Venture Capital trade association
Loyola Law School
919 Albany St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015