Bologna, Italy Summer Law Program
Loyola Law School and Brooklyn Law School are pleased to sponsor the Summer Abroad Program in Bologna, Italy for 2015.
The 2015 program will be held at the Faculty of Law of the University of Bologna, the oldest university in the western world. The study of law in Bologna began in the 11th century with the revival of the systematic study of Roman law; today the Faculty of Law is one of Europe's most respected law schools.
Students have the option of participating in the either the two week session held from May 24 to June 06 or the three week session held from May 24 - June 13. The following courses will be offered:
- European Union Law and Financial Services (1 credit)
- Transactional Litigation: U.S. and E.U. Approaches to Disputes Across National Boundaries (2 credits)
- International Commercial Arbitration (1 credit)
Courses are taught by faculty from Loyola Law School and Brooklyn Law School, with lectures by prominent Italian legal scholars and judges.
The city of Bologna, with a population of approximately 500,000, is the capital of the Emilia-Romagna region in Northern Italy, approximately midway between Florence and Venice. Bologna is one of Italy's most attractive and interesting cities. The old city includes the magnificent Piazza Maggiore, the cathedral, beautiful churches and palaces, museums, and a wonderful marketplace, combined with the cafes, restaurants, nightclubs and discos frequented by thousands of university students.
- Lectures by legal scholars experienced in international and comparative law.
- Students can participate in visits to local cultural sites and legal institutions.
- Excellent match of location and theme.
M-Th: 9 am-6 pm
F: 9 am-4 pm
Brooklyn Law School
250 Joralemon Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
View a short video of the Italy program!