Advanced Required Courses:
(Two electives required.)
- Television Programming & Finance Seminar
- Reality TV & New Media Production and Distribution
- Laws of Video Games & Online Virtual Worlds
- Digital Media & the Law
- Right of Publicity or "Celebrity Rights" seminar
Externship: All Sports Law Concentration students will be required to complete one of the externships listed below or an externship in a related industry (sports, TV, trademark or merchandising) through the existing Entertainment Law Practicum program or through Loyola’s externship program. Externships must be approved in advance by the Concentration Advisor.
The following externships are available for students enrolled in the Sports Law Concentration. Each will provide two academic units and satisfy the Experiential Requirement for the Concentration:
- 3Ls only for Spring, 2015 – Seyfarth Shaw LLP – Email Erika Calvert, Human Resources Manager, at ECalvert@seyfarth.com with your resume and cover letter. Externs will assist Robert Buch, Esq. in sports-related workers’ compensation and labor matters.
- Summer 2014 – Wasserman Media Group (WMG) – Email Meg Stephenson, Senior Coordinator, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter. Externs will assist WMG lawyers on matters pertaining to athlete representation.
- Summer 2015 – Paragon Sports International, LLC – email Matt McConnell at email@example.com. Externs will assist in a variety of matters relating to athlete representation, including contract drafting and litigation support. Matters include salary arbitration, drug suspension appeals, and injury grievances.
Negotiation Competition Team: We are exploring the possibility of one or more negotiation competition teams to participate in an Entertainment Negotiation competition. Students in this Concentration are strongly advised to try out for such a team where possible.
Sports Law Concentration
919 Albany St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015