Moot Court and Advocacy Programs
Loyola leads the field in advocacy with teams named champions of more than 100 competitions and consistently ranks in the top 10 among trial and advocacy programs by U.S. News & World Report (2012 & 2013). Our teams regularly win regional, national and international awards. Loyola’s programs promote innovative curriculum and a commitment to ethical advocacy by offering a multitude of practical learning opportunities. Loyola places a strong emphasis on skills training to better equip students for a competitive job market after graduation.
Faculty advisers and renowned alumni are on hand to offer guidance and support along the way. More than 200 Loyola alumni currently preside as trial court judges in Southern California -- more than from any other school.
Byrne Trial Team
- 20-time Regional Champions - Texas Young Lawyers Association (TYLA), National Trial Competition
- Two-time National Champions - TYLA National Trial Competition
- Three-time Regional Champions - American Association of Justice (AAJ) Student Trial Advocacy Competition
Moot Court Teams
- Semifinalists and Winner for "Best Brief" award - 2012 American Bar Association Moot Court Competition
- Regional Semifinalists and Winner for "Best Brief" award - 2012 National Moot Court Competition
- Winner for "Best Oralist" award - 2012 National Environmental Moot Court Competition
Loyola Law School
919 Albany St.
Los Angeles, CA 91105