Florrie Young RobertsProfessor of Law
JD, University of Southern California, School of Law, Order of the Coif
BA, Stanford University
Upon graduation from law school, Florrie Roberts practiced law in Los Angeles, specializing in the area of business litigation. She was a partner with the firms of Beardsley, Hufstedler & Kemble and Hufstedler, Miller, Carlson & Beardsley until she left private practice to join the Loyola faculty in 1982. She is a member of the State Bar of California, Los Angeles County Bar Association, American Bar Association and the Association of Business Trial Lawyers. She has been a principal referee (judge) in the Hearing Department of the California State Bar Court on attorney disciplinary and admissions matters. She also has a Southern California Law Review Graduate Fellowship in Law.
- The Propriety of a Lis Pendens in Constructive Trust Actions, 38 Seton Hall L. Rev. 101 (2008).
- “Off-Site” Conditions and Disclosure Duties: Drawing the Line at the Property Line, 2006 B.Y.U. L.Rev. 957.
- Constructive Trusts, Resulting Trusts, and Equitable Liens, California Real Property Remedies and Damages, (Third Edition, CEB, August, 2004).
- Let The Seller Beware: Disclosures, Disclaimers and “As Is” Clauses, 31 Real Estate Law Journal 303 (2003).
- Disclosure Duties in Real Estate Sales and Attempts to Reallocate the Risk, 34Conn. L. Rev. 1 (2001).
- The Jurisprudence of Yogi Berra, 46 Emery L.J. (1997) (co-author).
- The Law of Prime Numbers, 68 N.Y.U. L. Rev 185 (1993) (co-author).
- Pre-trial Sanctions: An Empirical Study, 23Pac. L.J. 1 (1991).
- The Relatively Insolvent Joint Tortfeasor and the Good Faith Settlement, 20 Loy. L.A. L. Rev. 247 (1987).
- The Financial Condition and Insurance Policy Limits of a Joint Tortfeasor Wishing to Settle in Good Faith: Problems of Discovery and Confidentiality, 26 Santa Clara L. Rev. 63 (1986).
- The Good Faith Settlement: An Accommodation of Competing Goals, 17 Loy. L.A. L. Rev., 841 (1984).
- Steering Committee for the General Real Estate Subsection of the Real Property Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Judge Pro Tempore, Los Angeles Superior Court
- Delegate of theLos Angeles County Bar Association to the State Bar Convention
- State Bar Delegation Executive Committee
- Arbitrator for the Los Angeles County Bar Association Fee Arbitration Panel