Therese H. MaynardWilliam G. Coskran Professor of Law
Faculty Director, Business Law Practicum
BA, summa cum laude, University of California Irvine, Phi Beta Kappa
JD, University of California Los Angeles, Order of the Coif
After graduation from law school, Therese Maynard practiced with the Los Angeles law firm of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher where she specialized in securities litigation. Maynard, who has published extensively in the area of securities law, joined the Loyola faculty in 1983.
- Member, AALS Executive Committee, Securities Regulation Section
- Member, AALS Executive Committee, Business Association Section
- Academic Liaison, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Executive Committee -- Business Law Section
- Business Planning: Financing the Start-Up and Venture Capital Financing (with co-author Dana Warren, Aspen Publishers, Inc.)
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Cases, Materials and Problems (3d Edition 2013, Aspen Publishers, Inc. )
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Cases, Materials and Problems (2005, Aspen Publishers, Inc.)
- Corporations (audio book published by West Publishing Co., 2006)
- Securities Regulation (audio book published by West Publishing Co., 2007)
- "Teaching Transactional Skills Through Simulations," 10 Transactions: Tennessee Journal of Business Law 7 (2009)
- "Professional Ethics: Legal Pundits Loose Lipped," an op-ed piece published in the National Law Journal on April 19, 2004, (co-authored with Erwin Chemerinsky and Laurie Levenson)
- "Educating Ethical Business Lawyers in a Post-Enron World," published in Loyola Lawyer at p. 16 (Fall 2003)
- "Law Matters. Lawyers Matter," 76 Tulane Law Review 1501 (2002)
- "Spinning in a Hot IPO: Breach of Fiduciary Duty or Business as Usual?", 43 William and Mary Law Review 2023 (2002)
- "Spinning in a Hot IPO: A Matter of Business Ethics," 16 Insights: Corporate & Securities Law Advisor (2002)
- "Do Lawyers Matter?" Loyola Lawyer (August 2002).
- "Teaching Professionalism: The Lawyer as a Professional," 34 Univ. of Georgia L. Rev. 895 (2000).
- Essay, "A Requiem: Reflections on Gustafson," 57 Ohio State Law Journal 1327 (1996).
Representative Academic Presentations
- National Lecturer for BAR/BRI in Real Property
- Lecturer for California BAR/BRI in Real Property